Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bookmark Swap

I love bookmarks. They are like jewelry for your books! There are so many options, crocheted, stitched, beads, inspirational quotes, funny quotes, fancy or simple, bought or handmade. Even though half the time I can't find one thanks to my children "borrowing" them, I do have a few special ones I keep in pretty constant use. So I thought this month instead of a giveaway how about a swap? That way everyone can get a little something fun in the mail! (And who doesn't like getting hand written mail these days? It's such a treat!)

If you'd like to participate leave a comment saying so, then I will put every one's name into my trusty Tupperware container and draw names, like a Secret Santa. I'll send you an email with the name (and address if you need it) of the person you'll be sending a bookmark to. I think it would be fun too if you'd send me a picture of your bookmark when you receive it and then we can do a little show and tell! I hope you'll all play along, otherwise I'll end up mailing a bookmark to myself and then the postman would probably give me weird looks....

P.S. A nice thing about this is that most bookmarks should fit into a regular sized envelope so it won't cost a lot to mail them. Just remember if you do use a regular envelope to write "hand cancel" by the address, so it doesn't get sent through the machine at the post office and get crushed or rip open. :)

4 comments: