Monday, April 4, 2011

The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid

Chrissy emailed me on March 31 apparently and asked that I write about the book I'd recommended for the book club and to do it by tomorrow. Well, since I often avoid the computer at all costs on weekends and didn't check it Thursday either, you're getting this today ☺  Sorry ladies.

When I read her email, I questioned that I had recommended this book because I'd never read the book. Then I remembered that it had been recommended to me, so I put it on the list to read.
LUCKILY - I did read it. I had some extra time recently and decided to read ahead on the other books. So I can now say that yes, I would recommend The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid.
This comical autobiography of  his growing-up years in Iowa in the 1950's is quite entertaining. It's full of funny stories, interesting facts, and honest experiences that people go through when growing up. I found I was able to relate to it, even if I was born in the 80's.  It ends with, what I think, is a very good conclusion about the past, and today.

So strap on your Hero Cape, and get ready to laser beam those who disturb your reading, and enjoy the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment