Monday, May 2, 2011

Bookmark Received!

I was so excited to open the cute pink envelope that came in the mail today.  I knew it must be my new bookmark. :)  Mine came all the way from Elena in Maryland.  Even though we are cousins-in-law, we pretty much know each other thanks to cyber-space, so it was fun to read the little note she sent with the bookmark.  I wasn't nearly so thoughtful.  I was excited to send mine off, so I just stuck it in an envelope and that was that.

Anyway, here are some pictures.
Isn't it so pretty?  I love it!

Here it is in action.
I think maybe I like it flipped this way better.  What do you think?
I thought I'd share where the bookmark came from.  Elena wrote, "I got this book mark @ our favorite little shopping place. It's an old cotton & textile mill that they turned into a charming little shopping arts & crafts & game area!  It's surrounded by water & trees & has the oldest iron bridge still standing, some cool history, & a unique hand made bookmark--just for you!"

No wonder it's a favorite shopping place!

One of my favorite "features" of this bookmark is that while I'm reading I can wrap it around my wrist or hang it behind my neck.  I'm forever misplacing bookmarks, so it will be really nice to have it with me all the time.  Plus it doubles as jewelry. Pretty awesome, right?

Now I need to go find a regency era book or a fairytale to read.  I think my bookmark will feel more at home in one of those. : )

Thanks, Elena!

1 comment:

  1. cute bookmark Elena, cute post Mary! I knew it was you even before I saw the name because of the book in the pictures. :) I like it with the big green bead on top.

    ReplyDelete