Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pride and Prejudice

I really think, after reading this for the second time ever, that I much prefer the book over the movies. Which is surprising to me because I watch all the different versions all the time. I asked my hubby a while ago if he'd ever seen the A&E version and he said he didn't have to because he's listened to it so many times and seen bits and pieces. I don't think he could hack 7 hours of culture, rich characters, and a lovely plot. And let's face it--the language is awesome. Steven loves to "imitate" the vocabulary and flow of Regency-era language in a silly british accent, which most likely gets him sent to the other room.

I realized that there's so much more to the characters than I remembered. I thoroughly enjoyed it, much more than I anticipated. Although it doesn't take as much time and brain power, I think I very much prefer the book over the movies. Five out of five stars. I don't want to wait several years to read it again!

1 comment:

  1. It made me laugh to think of you banishing your husband for speaking "regency" at you. :)

    ReplyDelete