Thursday, May 5, 2011

For my reading pleasure...

I was so excited when I opened my mailbox today to find an envelope addressed to me from my cousin Tiffany! On the back was written the message:

"Here's your bookmark, I hope you enjoy it! It's one of a kind! --xoxoxo Tiffany"

Intrigued, I opened the envelope expecting one of her crafty creations...and was immediately confused. What was this? An ad? A coupon? (Although, I've never seen coupons for this product. I suspect people would think you were bragging if you bought them in bulk.) Had she gotten confused and put in the wrong thing?

And then the hilarity of it all dawned, and I almost collapsed in laughter! Of all the things I expected to receive from Tiffany, this was NOT one! I immediately decided that my new favorite bookmark needed to be properly showcased; and, not having a suitable book I quickly made a special trip to the library.

As I was arranging my new treasure for its impromptu photo shoot my husband walked in to see what I was up to. Raising his eyebrows as I explained, he simply asked, "What's the punch mark mean? Has it already been used?" Again I burst into gales of laughter...

So without further ado, may I present the funniest bookmark I've ever had the pleasure of owning: (I apologize if the camera work isn't the greatest. I was still a little shaky from giggling when I took the pictures.)


I have decided that this bookmark should only be ever used to mark the pages in a romance novel. It just seems at home there, don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. This is seriously the best laugh I have had all day! You two are too funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I punched a hole and tied ribbon and beads to make it pretty! Did it get ripped in the mail? Did it not make it with the bookmark?

    ReplyDelete