Monday, May 2, 2011

May: Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier

Sorry I'm late on posting this month's book. To put it in Chrissy's words, it's been "bat crap crazy" around here.

So, in high school I was on this Alfred Hitchcock kick and watched as many Hitchcock movies as I could (however I still cannot stomach "The Birds" and still have never finished it...). One of them was "Rebecca" and I immediately fell in love with the story. During my freshman year in college at DU, I bought a used copy of Rebecca and have several times pulled it off of the shelf to read it, but something always comes up, and I still haven't read it!




I've been told by several people that I need to read this, that it's a rich story with a great plot and mystery and romance and a little bit of crime drama...which is just the sort of thing I like.

Once you've read the book, you absolutely must see Hitchcock's Rebecca. Laurence Olivier is wonderful as Maxim!

Hope you enjoy it!

Hugs!

Tiffany :)

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading this but didn't quite get the ending so I watched the movie to enlighten things for me. Maybe I shouldn't be admitting this denseness to everyone. It was a good story nevertheless.

    ReplyDelete