Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spotlight Wednesdays

In the spotlight today is Emilie! My cousin. (I bet you didn't see that coming....) Emilie is a busy, fun, and creative mommy of four. She is a great listener and just a lot of fun to hang out with, as I think you'll discover from reading her answers... if you didn't already know, that is.


1. Do you have a favorite author or genre? And if so what do you find most appealing about them?

When I was younger it was all about the murder mysteries. But now that I am older, and wise enough not to scare myself on purpose, I find that I gravitate more towards a book with a good plot twist. Lately, that has involved all things fantasy.  

2. If you could have tea (or lunch, or any meal really, tea just feels more book clubbish, doesn't it?) with any three characters from all of literature who would it be?

This is a difficult question. I think it would be a character from any book I am currently reading. 

3. Do you have a favorite reading or book related quote?

No. No I don't.  

4. Where is your favorite place to read?

Anywhere comfortable and in a semi fetal position.  Even when sitting. The closer my knees are to my chest, the better. Except in the bath tub because THAT is just plain weird feeling to be like that in the tub....not that I've...er....um...tried that or anything.

5. Do you have any funny reading quirks? (Like having to read things in numerical order or not reading books that start with the letter Q? Something like that?)

I like to read every book in a series. First to last. The last book in the Wee Free Men series is hilarious! ...Oh, and there's that whole reading in a fetal position thing ;) 

6. How many books are currently by your bed (on your nightstand or on the floor?) How many of those are you in the middle of reading?

1 and 1.  

7. Do you have a favorite children's book?

The Jolly Postman. Who doesn't like a book that contains letters, in envelopes, inside of said book? It's the best. 

8. What is your earliest book related memory?

My mom reading to us at night. 

9. What is most amount of money you have ever had to pay in library fines?

Not much. maybe a dollar or two. 

10. Do you have any great story to share about trying to multi-task while reading? (i.e. walking into something while your nose was in a book?)

You would think I would. And maybe I do, but at the moment I can't recall any. Mostly it's just quoting something hilarious from a book I am currently reading and then having to take 15 minutes explaining the plot and circumstance of the quote so others around me will understand just WHY it is so funny and that they should in fact be rolling on the ground laughing instead of looking at me strangely while trying to discreetly dial the number to the loony bin without me noticing.

1 comment:

  1. Emily, I have so totally been there. Ask my hubby. The look he gives me continues to get a little more confused over time. You think by now he'd give up trying to understand why I'm giggling over something I've read...He might just be doing that on purpose though. It's an investigation in progress....

    ReplyDelete