Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The winner is...

Well, first of all I wanted to show you the highly technical means I used to pick the winner. That's right, the old pick a name out of a hat (or Tupperware) trick...
There were 7 out of 11 of you who updated your pages (and I didn't count myself, but I did update my pages) so that is great!


This is the prize!
These are all things that I think are essential for reading. A book light, so you can read at night with out disturbing your significant other, a fun book mark, and some chocolate. Who doesn't like chocolate when they read, right?


And finally.... our winner!


Congratulations Mary! I think it is good karma from being so good about updating that you won.
I hope the prizes help you enjoy your reading time just that much more. :)

As for the rest of you wonderful ladies, I'd love some feed back. How is this book club working for you, any problems with keeping track of your pages or ways we could make it easier?  Should we have another contest or drawing, maybe the most pages next month?

Oh and as I mentioned before I am going to have a Pride and Prejudice movie screening at my house this Saturday. I think we will be watching the Keira Knightly version for the simple reason that the BBC version (while still my favorite) is a six hour miniseries. If you are interested in joining me, please email me and lets see if we can coordinate a time that will work for the most people.

6 comments:

  1. Yay! How exciting. :) Thank you! Who doesn't enjoy a little chocolate, indeed?

    I wish I didn't live too far away to join in the P&P festivities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could join the movie party too!

    So my thoughts on the book club - maybe I'm just too lazy, but I find it much easier to just put in the pages read when I finish a book. The kindle doesn't count by page, it does it by percentage; so when I finish the book, I look up the book info and then put in the pages for that book. I'm way too lazy to do the calculations on that weekly. Plus I always forget. Are we supposed to do it on Sundy, or does it matter what day?

    To get a little more discussion about each book, we could possibly do an on-line chat (maybe through gmail where the spreadsheet is saved, or MSN, or skype) We can have a scheduled time for a certain day of the month, ie: the 2nd Thursday of each month at 8 pm MST. Or something like that? Then if you're able to get on and chat, great, if not try next time.

    Those are just a few thoughts I'd had. Its fun though, and I enjoy the books, and the drawings are a fun idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lena- I do the same thing. I just enter the pages when I finish a book. I can barely keep track of my shoes let alone dividing up the pages of a book! :) I just enter it the next time I hop on to check my email. So no, it doesn't matter when you enter it in.

    I like the idea about the on line chat, I've been worried about suggesting something like that because I don't want anyone to feel like this is one more thing they have to schedule in their lives. But I think it's a good idea, if you can and want to join in great! If not that's okay too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The difference Chrissy, is you finish one or two books a week! :) Crazy fast reader!
    I totally understand about having one more thing; I do think it would be a good way to get more out of the books and be able to actually discuss it with other people if they are on line. Maybe we could do it in the evening, since we'd still be at our houses, we can plan a time for after the kids are in bed? I don't know, maybe it would be weird, but we could try it I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only record books after I've finished as well. I mark them read in Goodreads then look up the pages at the end of the week...or whenever I get to it. I do it that way cause goodreads keeps track of when I read them.

    As far as 'discussion' goes I think one thing that might help is if we could get notices of when people comment on a post, otherwise we have to go back and look through posts and see if there are comments. Plus, I think there may be some shy people out there not posting because they may not feel like what they have to say deserves a post all its own. I'm not sure how I would do with an online chat thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good point Sarah. I went in and added email notifications so this is me checking if it worked? I think it will help the discussion factor if you can tell when someone else has commented. :)

    ReplyDelete