Friday, February 11, 2011

Oui free men

You know that book we read in January....

I finally finished it. I even laughed out loud a few times. I don't know if I will read the rest of the series, but only because the stack on my end table is too high already and I find my new church calling is leaving me less time to read. But if I ever am at a lack for something to read I think I'll be able to turn to Mr. Prachett. I loved the Free Men. I loved the first, second and third thoughts. I loved how the 'magic' was explained, but that doesn't make it not magic, because that's the same thing we do for our children. I loved how the battle plan was, "If you see something, attack it." I loved how Tiffany beat the Quin by being confident in herself and who she was, and honestly, I liked that she was a little bit selfish. That she defended her family just because it was hers. I could go on, but I won't. There are so many gems that you just need to discover them on your own.

Thanks for introducing me to some very enjoyable people, Caite.

No comments:

Post a Comment